How to Create Great Product Description on Jumia
Product Description is a very important part of product creation. Your product description should be in paragraphs (although it may include key points) and should describe all the important details of the product. It should include the USPs (unique selling points) of the product and why people should buy it. If possible, it should also include a “How to use” (where necessary) and care options.
Product Description may include Infographics. Infographics are images within the body of the text that provides a visual representation of the product information. With infographics, you can add multiple images and gifs of the product in use. You can also use infographics in instances where text would be too long for the customer to read.
Here are a few things to bear in mind when creating a product description:
- Avoid copying and pasting content from other websites.
- It must include a clear accurate description of product information
- It must include the unique selling points of the product, prompting customers to buy
- It must include only information pertaining to the product and its use
- It must NOT contradict information in the product name, highlights or product attribute.
- It must NOT include seller’s contact details
If your product name or description includes a Blacklisted word, you will be unable to save the product. There are a few reasons words may be blacklisted. Click here to see why. If you have a valid reason to use a blacklisted word, please raise a claim.