Black Friday is already upon us, but is your content ready?
But don’t worry, we have you covered. Here are five (5) sure ways to ensure your products get the right traction this Black Friday.
- Product Name check: Catch the attention of your intending customers by highlighting unique points about the item in the product name.
Jumia has created templates to help you name your products uniquely? These templates (called Naming Conventions) help you create product names that are unique and capture all the features of your products.
For fashion products for instance, the appropriate naming style is
Product feature + Product type with Product feature – Colour
(Black or Round Neck Peplum Blouse with Ruched Sleeves – Black)
You can learn more here.
- Product description and Highlights check- Confirm that the description you have on each of the products matches what is on the item packaging. You should check that your description is catchy and easy to understand.
For your product highlight, you are expected to itemize in bullet points the most important features of your product. You should see the product highlight section as a customer’s go-to checklist for short, precise, and accurate information. You really want to give this part your best.
- Product Attributes- Product attributes are additional characteristics of a product. They include size, color, capacity, dimensions, etc. Product attributes help buyers to narrow down their search. It is important to fill in the attributes so that your products appear when customers search specifically for them.
Learn more about Product Attributes and how filling them can increase your traffic.
- Image Check- This is perhaps the first thing customers notice about your product. A clean, clear, and well-edited image speaks volume about your product. You should make sure that your product image is up to standard and free of scribbles and unrelated inscriptions.
- Counterfeit/ prohibited items check– This cannot be overemphasized. Make sure that you only list genuine products on Jumia. You should also verify that you are authorized to sell the products to avoid sanctions. Stock/ QC check- Here’s a bonus for you. Ensure that you update your stock to avoid last-minute order cancellations and make sure your products are Quality control approved at least 24 hours before the campaign.