Having a product is not enough to attract customers. Are they in accordance with our Image and Content Guidelines? You will increase your sales by adhering to these simple rules.
As a vendor, you must be aware of how important it is to abide by these rules because they ensure that your products are seen and that potential customers can purchase them from the website. To put it simply, If these rules are not adhered to, there will be little or no visibility of your products on the website resulting in no sales.
To avoid poor visibility and low sales, these are the guidelines you need to follow;
- Upload clear and high quality images: The images you upload should be clear and only show the exact item you are selling. If you sell erotic products, it is very important that you sensor the images appropriately to prevent your products from being delisted.
- Accurately describe your product : The content you upload for your products should accurately describe your products i.e. the exact color, the exact weight and the exact items your product contains so that buyers know exactly what they are getting from you.
- Properly categorize your products: Placing your products in the right category cannot but be overemphasized, extra care should be taken to ensure that all your products are placed in the right category so that they don’t get delisted. If you sell erotic products, you should always list your products in the health and beauty category.
- Do not overprice your products: You should always price your products correctly. The prices of your products should not be too high as customers are constantly searching for competitive prices for products on the platform. Products with over 50% increase on the Recommended Retail Price will be temporarily deactivated from the website until price confirmation is made by the vendor.
- Listing of Counterfeits is prohibited on the Website: Counterfeits or fake products on the website are not allowed and at risk of being penalized if the product is confirmed counterfeit. Only authorized vendors are allowed to sell certain products from restricted brands, see full list here. If you are not authorized to sell products from brands like Adidas and Nike, and you list those brands, such products will be delisted and the vendor penalized.
We hope this information helps you stay informed about the rules for making sales, because at Jumia, you matter.