Do you know your product’s brand?
When creating a product on Jumia, one of the most important elements is the BRAND. A brand name is a form of a unique signature that sets a product or service apart from others not from the same creator or manufacturer. A brand name may reflect the name of the manufacturer or another name that is unique to the brand.
To simplify think of the brand of the product as the surname or last name of the product, and the product name as the first name.
Selecting your brand name on Jumia SellerCenter:
Whatever your brand is, we probably already have it in our directory of over unique brands. However, If you can’t find your brand and you get a message saying the brand doesn’t exist on our website, requesting your brand to be created is super easy.
- Click on the link in the error message (open in new tab) or copy the link in the text below the brand field, and paste in a new tab
- Fill the form correctly, providing the links to the image showing the brand name on the product, or a link to the brand’s website. You can host images on https://postimages.org/.
- Submit the form and wait for feedback from our team
All brand requests are usually treated within a 24 hour period, so you’ll know if your brand creation request was approved or rejected.
Restricted and Banned Brands
You may receive a notification that the brand you have selected is only available to selected vendors. This simply means that the brand is restricted or banned on Jumia SellerCenter.
Brands may be restricted or banned on SellerCenter if:
- There is a high incidence of counterfeits for that brand
- The products are highly-priced and high-risk
- The manufacturer or distributor wants only authorized sellers to list these brands
To see the full list of banned and restricted brands, click HERE
In summary, here are a few things to check before you create a product:
- Ensure the product is not a counterfeit or knock-off of another brand
- Ensure that you’re using the right brand to list your product to avoid penalties. If your product is unbranded, do not assign a brand to it.
- If you’re not authorized to list a brand, raise a claim so that your products can be verified.
- You can request for your brands to be created if it doesn’t already exist on Jumia.