Product content quality impacts how potential customers perceive your products. It includes the depth of a product’s description, images, and categorization. It also speaks to product attributes such as its colour, model, specifications, material, gender, etc.
Sellers must be aware of how important it is, to ensure that their products are seen. To put it simply, products must be in accordance with the content guidelines for visibility on the website.
Here are the guidelines you need to know;
- High-quality images: The images you upload must be between 200 x 200 Pixels – 2000 x 2000 Pixels. They should have a clear background that displays the actual item. If you sell erotic products, it is very important that you censor the images appropriately to prevent your products from being delisted.
- Accurate product description: The information provided for a product should be accurate, i.e. the exact product name, colour, weight and specifications should be updated correctly. This way, customers are aware of the actual item to be purchased and can search for them with the correct keywords.
- Product Warranty: Warranty should be included for all products listed in electronics, home and office, phones and tablets and computing. Products updated with warranty information are deemed as a high quality products, thus guaranteeing the long-lasting ability of the product
- Regional warranty: Products manufactured for a specific region with their service centers unavailable or difficult to locate, should be stated in the product description.
- Regional specifications: Devices manufactured with specifications such as processor, model and operating system varying for specific regions should be stated in the product description.
- Right product categorization: Extra care should be taken to ensure that all your products are placed in the right category so that customers can easily find them when shopping and to avoid being delisted. For example, if you sell erotic products, you should always list your products in the health and beauty category under sexual wellness.
- Product pricing: All Product Prices should match the current market price. Products with over 50% increase in the current market price will be temporarily deactivated from the website until price confirmation is made by the vendor.
- Avoid counterfeit listings: Counterfeit or fake products are disallowed on the website. Only authorized vendors are allowed to sell certain products from restricted brands; see the full list here. If you are not authorized to sell, such products will be delisted.
We hope this information helps you stay informed, because at Jumia, you matter.